How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 273
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...
Anna is online now

I have just secured a contract for 6 months starting on 5th

Customer Question

I have just secured a contract for 6 months starting on 5th May. The company is Dutch although my base remains Australia the job is international, involves long periods of work overseas and I have been asked whether I want to be paid in GBP or AUD. I am British with PR in Australia. I registered my company in Australia on 23rd January but to date have not set up anything else or made any other "business start-up" preparations or arrangements.In order to be paid I have been asked to provide the following;

- Copy of VAT Certificate

- Copy of Proof of Company Insurance, Liability Insurance.

1. What is the best way for me to set this up and to find an accountant/bookkeeper who can manage my accounts and advice me specifically on tax payment/management when my work is international.

2. Should I ask to be paid in GBP or AUD? What are the PR status or tax implications?

3. Is there anything else that I need to do from a legal perspective?

All advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.



Thank you for contacting It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Australia, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer.


We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer. At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.


Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please proceed and let me know what you can find out or even if you find out the best person or persons I could speak to that would be most appreciated. Thanks very much.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.



I will transfer this to General for you and hopefully one of our researchers will be able to help.


Another option would be for you to ask your question on our American site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of Professionals. You would need to make a new deposit on You can get a refund of your deposit by following this link:


Thank you for your patience,


Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Thank you,

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,