Yes, certainly, we can reverse the roles of Steven and Paul in the giraffe scenario.
1) What might the giraffe thought of the taste and texture of steven’s tiny dark blue shorts?
Since a giraffe mostly eats tree leaves, that would be the giraffe's mindset. It would think that was a very strange texture and taste for a tree. That, in turn, would caus eit to think the food must be inside.
2) steven`s blue shorts are pretty small would this have made it easier for the giraffe to get it`s tongue inside?
Yes, its tongue is very agile, so would only have to move a bit of material aside.
3) Given what happened to steven when the Giraffes tongue had touched him he must have liked what was happening ?
Yes, he did, but was also a little embarrassed.
4) What would the giraffe think of what’s inside stevens tight blue shorts?
It would realize this wasn't food (at least for a giraffe), but would keep hoping theere was something hidden behind. The private parts themselves would be of no particular interest to a giraffe.
5) If the guide had not pushed the Giraffe away what might have happened, how would the giraffe and steven react to this?
The giraffe might have continued exploring, hoping to find some food. Eventually, Steven would have climaxed. The giraffe would have found that startling and distasteful. It would have withdrawn its tongue. Steven, of course, would have enjoyed it.
On to the attack scene
6) Given that both the boys are just wearing what they had on in the pictures, this would have made it easier for the lions to feed, correct?
Yes, definitely. Lions don't like to eat clothes.
7) Given how small steven`s little blue shorts are how the Lion would feed on his genitals?
Since the lion didn't want to eat the clothing, it would probably use its claws and teeth to shred the shorts and get them off in pieces.
8) When the lion that had eaten steven is “chew on and tongue the shorts to get the blood out, and then spit out the tattered material” would the shorts still be recognisable. Given how small they are and if they were covered in blood could the lion decide to just swallow them, if it did how easy would that have been. What would happen to the shorts then?
The lion might accidenatlly swallow some small pieces. Those would pass through the lion's digestive system pretty much intact. Someone finding the other scraps on the ground would recognize them as pieces of human clothing, but not specifically as shorts.
9) Given that paul was killed and then dragged out of the hut, his clothes would still be intact?
Yes, until the lion fed on him. It would claw and bite at the clothing to get it out of the way while feeding.
10) Would the lion that’s got Paul, Lick over his body to remove body hair and taste him.
It might do so to taste him, but lions aren't bothered so much by the hair as tigers are.
11) What would it think of the strange fur that’s covering his genitals and buttocks?
It would realize it wasn't natural or edible. It would either destroy them by biting and clawing. Or, it might simply have eaten its way into them, starting at the abdomen, pushing the shorts out of the way as it went.This is how a lion would eat a zebra without consuming the fur, so it would seem similar to the lion.
12) How and where might it remove the shorts from paul?
When it got to that part of his body while eating. It would be in its den, and would remove them in one of the ways described above - destrying them, or eating around or under them.
13) Could the lion take the entire groin area of the shorts and genitals into its mouth and remove it all in one bite, and swallow the lot as one meal?
Yes, its jaws are big enough to do that. And lions eat by ripping off chunks.
14) Given that there is a lot more material in paul shorts the lion is unlikely to eat them after getting any blood etc. out of them.
Probably not. the scavengers, such as hyenas, would though.
15) Once the lions had finished their meals and had removed the most of the remains outside would they have taken the remains of the shorts out if they had not eaten them?
16) What sort of scavengers would come into the lion`s den to get the scraps, Would they make off /swallow the remains of the two boys shorts?
Mostly hyenas and wild dogs. They would detect the smell of blood on the clothing, and being scavengers, would swallow them. The scraps would pass through them undigested.