Hi again, Ewan and you're most welcome!
1) Would the boy’s friend have been able to save his friend or could the snake have overpowered and eat both of them?
No, the boy's friend could not have been able to save him once the snake wrapped itself around the boy. The snake could have very well killed the friend, too!
2) When the snake had killed the boy would it have sniffed /licked over the boy’s body to find out which way will be best to eat him?
No, the snake would have started at the foot end, because it was tne narrowest.
3) What might the snake think of what the boy is wearing?
The snake would have taken it in, as he took in the entire body and the clothing would have been partially digested and the remains, excreted.
4) Would the snake still be coiled around the boy when it starts to swallow him?
No, the snake would have uncoiled from around the boy's body after killing him, or else he wouldn't have been able to begin to ingest him.
5) How long it take the snake to swallow up to the boys skimpy tight black swim trunks?
If he started from the legs, he would probably reach this area in a couple of hours.
6) Given that the boy’s very brief and tight swim trunks look as if they are sprayed on him would the snake notice the different texture compared to the flesh?
No, the snake wouldn't notice any difference between the texture of the trunks and the flesh. It's main objective would be to cause it's stomach muscles to expand and contract to move the boy down it's digestive tract.
7) Would the snake have any problems swallowing the area in the small tight trunks?
No, it wouldn't have any problem swallowing any part of the boy.
8) Would the boy’s friend up in the tree be able to clearly see it swallowing the area in the black trunks?
Yes, the boy's friend would be watching everything carefully and be horrified and frightened.
9) Would the orange top cause the snake any trouble when it came to swallow that area?
No, the snake would take that in just as the rest of the body.
10) Once it had finished swallowing the boy and was in a warm spot to aid digestion, would the tightness of the boys swim trunks slow down or hinder digestion of all that was in the trunks?
No, the tightness of the boy's swim trunks would not hinder digestion of all that was in the trunks. The acid in the stomach would break down everything that was ingested, but the material of the clothing would most likely not be completely digested, due to not being flesh.
11) What would happen to the black swim trunks inside the snake?
As mentioned in answer to the last question the trunks would be mostly, but not completely digested and excreted in the snakes' waste.
I hope this helped!