How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21564
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now

I am planning to travel to Cuba for a holiday over Christmas

This answer was rated:

I am planning to travel to Cuba for a holiday over Christmas and New Year. I have a conviction for a sex offence for which I received a 21 month prison sentence. Am I likely to be refused entry on this basis?
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Cuba, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. From my own research on the internet it would appear that the British and Cuban authorities do not share information regarding criminal convictions. I would be grateful if a legal internet researcher could double check this for me however.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Hello, and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I am a specialist in informational research. I have researched your question and it seems if you are issued a passport in UK, and have a tourist visa or tourist card (more, below) to Cuba, you can travel to Cuba. They should not ask, nor have any information regarding your previous conviction/incarceration.

From my research:

**The required tourist visa, known as a tourist card, allows the holder to stay in Cuba for 30 days and is valid for a single entry. You must provide proof of confirmed return flight and booked accommodation. Nationals not referred to in the chart are advised to contact the embassy to check visa requirements. You can find the chart at the webpage, below:


However, to be absolutely sure, you can call the Cuban Consulate in the UK, to ask this specific question, but don't give any personal information. If asked, just say you're calling for a neighbor who had this question. Here is their contact information and hours of operation:

United Kingdom

Address: 167 Hight Holborn. London WC1V 6PA, UK

Telephone: (###) ###-####7463

Fax: + 44(0)20 7379 4557

E-mail: *****@******.***

Consulate Office Hours:

Mondays to Thursdays from 09:30 to 12:30

Phone hours only: 2:00pm. to 17.00pm.


Closed during National Holidays:

January 1st-2nd

May 1st.

July 25th, 26th & 27th

October 10th

December 25th and UK Bank Holidays


You can also contact the Cuban Embassy in London:

167 High Holborn
London WC1V 6PA.

Tel:(###) ###-####2488 - Fax:(###) ###-####2602

Nearest Tube: Holborn


This office may also help:

Cuban Tourist Board in the UK

Telephone: (020) 7240 6655. Website:

Opening times: Mon-Fri 0900-1700.

If you are on the sex offender's register, this is what you must do in order to leave the UK:


I hope this helped and you have a wonderful trip!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,


Cher, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21564
Experience: Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
Cher and 57 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your reply, Cher. From my own limited research it appeared that I would not have a problem. I did, however want to be certain and you have provided me with the peace of mind I was after. Once again many thanks.

You're most welcome; it was my pleasure to be of help to you! I'm so glad I could give you peace of mind.

Your excellent rating is highly appreciated; thank you very much!