How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Wilson Your Own Question
Mr. Wilson
Mr. Wilson, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5240
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...
Mr. Wilson is online now

My brother in law, is going to the Philippines to meet and

This answer was rated:

My brother in law, is going to the Philippines to meet and possibly marry a lady from there. He is hoping to remain in the Philippines and become a citizen there. He is 75 years of age with a small pension, would he be considered for citizenshipo
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about the Philippines, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If a legal internet researcher could help we would be grateful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We want as much info as we can to give him, as he is giving up everything here, but does not really know what to expect
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Sorry about the delay on an answer for this

I was able to research a bit and here is what I found

CLICKH HERE for a site that discusses requirements

Unfortunately the main one that will impact him is the 10 year legal residence requirement (especially at his age). Most countries have this type of requirement, however. Even with marriage it would take time for it to occur (and cannot find for sure if would be under 10 years still or not - I think 10 years is still required).

CLICK HERE for a direct link to the phillipines government website with more information that might help as he begins this journey.

I hope this helps. I wish your brother in law all the best as he takes this next step in his life.. how exciting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance, it is very helpful.Regards, Jan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you close this question, my Brother in Law has decided against this, it seems unlikely that he will now go.

I will request - however, be sure to rate my response if you were satisfied as that is the only way that I receive any credit for my help today.

All the best to you and your brother in law

Mr. Wilson, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5240
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Mr. Wilson and 20 other General Specialists are ready to help you