Gaurav Gupta
Gaurav Gupta, MD
Experience:  Physician and online researcher.
239748
Type Your Question Here...

I am travelling through the border of Ukraine by van going

Hi i am travelling through the border of Ukraine by van going through Lubion Poland. It will be me my husband and baby. I have just spoken to someone now who said he done the same journey on his own and was ambushed by pirates going down the E373 as its a long stretch of road in the middle of nowhere. I am going out for IVF treatment. I have embryo transfer all ready for next week but now i cant sleep as i am so so worried about our safety. We are only staying one night to come straight back. Can anyone answer me to let me know what we should do...we want to stick to motorways etc where there are people around and obviously cause we have the baby with us aswell can anyone advise me what to do. We are from uk.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi can anyone help with my question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anyone at all?

While I cannot provide you specific details about the stretch of road that you are referring to ... there are certain things that you can do to remain safe

I will highlight them in my reply to follow,

Here is what the US International Travel State Government website has to say about Poland Travel

• Polish roadside services, while not equal to those in the United States, are rapidly improving. The Polish Automobile Association (Polski Związek Motorowy Auto-Tour) has multilingual operators and provides assistance countrywide 24/7. Call (22)(###) ###-####or email *****@******.***.
  • Flooding has closed bridges and significantly disrupted road travel in the past.
  • The police emergency number is 997, fire service is 998, ambulance service is 999, and the general emergency number is 112.

It would be good to have these number on Emergency Dial in your phone

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/poland.html

Here are some general safety tips about driving in Poland...

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/eastern-europe/poland/polands-poor-driver-record

To be honest, getting hijacked is not a common occurrence in Poland, so if you take regular precautions, and travel only during daytime, preferably in group, following other vehicles on the same route, and asking local people about the road safety at every stopover, you should fine,

And all the best for your IVF too,

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta, MD

Hope I am able to answer your query. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!