Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

Need some help with making a new scene for the movie jaws,

Hello, need some help with making a new scene for the movie jaws, look forward to your help.

Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with extensive experience writing for publication. I may be able to help if you'll tell me more about what you want.

Does the scene have to be written in screenplay format, or would you prefer a paragraph?

What kinds of things do you want in the scene?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello. thanks for your reply . I am thinking of redoing the scene were the boy on the raft is taken by the shark and using an older guy instead. the basics will be the same . the guy will go out on a large inflaitable ring, he does not notice that the current had swept him further out from the shore . and this is when the shark attacks . what i need to know is how the shark would attack and what all would be eaten and digested .(( enclose a picture as a visual referance to help with information .))
Thank you for getting back to me. I was not notified of your reply until now. I want to give the scene some thought, and then I will write it tomorrow. I appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks

Thank you for waiting. The scenario in the movie is not realistic because that isn't how sharks typically attack. The writers took some poetic license in order to make the story more exciting. You can do the same.

In reality, most shark attacks on humans are not fatal. Of those that are fatal, most people are actually gotten away from the shark with no part of their bodies being consumed. They have such severe wounds that they die, despite being rescued.
The most common kind of shark attack is called a hit-and-run. These are almost never fatal. Sharks don't really like to eat people. They prefer fattier prey. It is thought that they think a surfer or swimmer might be a sea lion. They attack and realize after one bite that this isn't something they want to eat. They leave. This sort of attack usually results in more minor wounds.

There are two other types of deliberate attacks on humans. The sneak attack is just what it sounds like. The human never sees the shark until the first bite. The bump-and-bite attack is when a shark circles a human, bumping them with its body, and biting as it goes. These two types often result in serious injury, and sometimes death.

Well, that is just the background. Let's go to the scene. The shark would probably begin by bumping him a few times. That would result in the ring being bounced into the air, and the guy falling off. When large sharks attack bigger prey, they usually then make one big attack, aiming for the middle of the body. The shark would probably do that and the body would be torn in half. The shark would immediately consume what was in his mouth. Blood would be everywhere. After chewing and swallowing that portion, the shark would grab another large chunk. It would thrash about in the water, shaking the carcass. When a piece tore off, the shark would drop the rest, and eat what he ripped off. This would continue until everything was consumed.

Humans are not easily digested by sharks because they don't have the balance of nutrient types sharks usually eat. But sharks do have strong digestive enzymes. After about 12 to 18 hours, there would be partially digested remains - bone, hair, the clothing, would certainly be there. There might also be some flesh, but it would be somewhat digested. At 24 to 36 hours, there would probably still be bones, hair, clothing. By 36 hours, the process could be finished, and and anything not digested would be eliminated as waste.

I hope this is what you wanted.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My, what a great reply. when the shark bit the guy in half what part might it have eaten first.
That would depend on exactly where the shark connected with the man. If it was exactly in the middle, it would get the stomach, liver, etc. Farther up on the torso, it would be legs and heart. Lower, and it would be the intestines and private parts. The shark would swallow the big chunk whole, rather than nibble off it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have seen videos of large great white sharks gulping down large chunks of whales.if the shark bit the guy in half could it swallow the lower body from the waist down in one or two gulps. what would be happening in the sharks throat. if in the movie you got a view looking out of it`s mouth what would be seen getting eaten.
it could do that. A view looking out if it's mouth would show lots of blood and a gory mishmash of organs. The gulping, swallowing action of the shark's throat would smash the body as it went down. The shark would probably take in the chunk of flesh waist first because the legs would go down more smoothly that way. We'd probably catch a glimpse of the man's shorts as that part of the body went down. It would all be over in seconds.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would the shorts stil be recognisable as we see them from the inside view,would you see any detail of whats inside them as it was taken into the throat ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would the shorts still be recognisable as we see them from the inside view,would you see any detail of whats inside them as it was taken into the throat ?

They would be blood soaked, but may still be recognizable. We probably wouldn't be able to see any detail because of the amount of blood and the crushed organs that would be swallowed at the same time. However, since it's your scene, you could show the details of the buttocks and private parts even though it isn't realistic.