Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

Looking for information on the larger snake species like

Hello ,looking for information on the larger snake species like anacondas and pythons.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the largest that the anaconda can grow ,what is the largest meal it could handle ,same for the Pythons .thanks.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

The Green Anaconda can grow to more than 29 feet, weigh more than 550 pounds, and measure more than 12 inches in diameter.

The Reticulated python can grow a little longer, but not as big in girth.

They can eat Caribou, small hippos and just about anything they can get their jaws around. All types of animals have been found in the gut of these large snakes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1849377/terrifying-33ft-anaconda-discovered-lurking-in-caves-near-dam-construction-site-in-brazil/

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Joan . thanks for your reply.Wow those are huge snakes Would an anaconda the size of the one in the news article be able to swallow and eat this guy ?

Yes, they could easily take him down. You have to remember they are constrictors and will squeeze and compact their prey item. A 6ft snake can take down and eat a small child.

I have seen of the snakes caught out in the Everglades and they are huge.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my service 5 stars. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How would the snake eat the guy in the picture and how long would it take to swallow him?

Most likely take him in feed first after crushing him and within an hour he would be consumed . Then the digestion process would take place, which could take a while depending on the snake and its metabolism.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wow . mind me never to go anywhere were these snakes live . would the way he is dressed slow down the swallowing process.his jacket, top, the very tight jeans ,etc.

These snakes are aggressive and nothing will slow down their voracious appetite. The can take down large antelope and caribou with horns, the clothes would not slow the snake when feeding.

Joan

Did you have further questions about these snakes? I am here to assist you. These large snakes are very dangerous. Not only to the constrict, they also have very sharp teeth, but do not chew. A man in the picture would have no chance if the snake got him and started constricting.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks for the information. How long would the snake to kill the guy by constriction .Once it had killed the guy andswallowed him feet first , how long before digestion would start , would the guys tight black jeans hinder the digestive process, how much of the guy and his jeans ,underwear, and other clothes would be left after digestion had taken place .what would be passed out in the poo. thanks for your great help.

As soon as he constricted the guys breathing would stop and his bones would crush him killing him within minutes. The snake would unhinge his jaws consuming the man. He is pushed along the digestive tract until his body is consumed and the clothes may or may not pass in the scat. The time frame depends on the digestive system of the snake. It could could take two weeks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello again . Thanks for your great answers , if the snake was not abls to digest the guys jeans ,shoes etc would it be able to pass this out in it`s poo. or vomit it back up . would the like of the jeans still be intact. thanks again.

The items that were not digested would either be retained in the gut or passed through in the stool and intact other than damage done by the digestion process.

Joan