Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Movie life of Pi, what was the island that Pi landed on

movie life of Pi , what was the island that Pi landed on during the movie ?

Good afternoon,

In terms of what the island is and about

1. Info on the island from the book

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/l/life-of-pi/summary-and-analysis/chapter-92

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How was the island a preditor?

It seems that the island is something of symbolism as it has many meanings. The island seems to be a part of life as it takes as well as gives to those that live on it.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did the island actualy eat other animals and people?

It seems so as written about in the link I provided earlier "Pi makes the disturbing discovery that the island itself is actually a predator. At night the ground becomes charged and lethal, killing and consuming anything on or below its surface. "

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How would the island consume this guy if he was caught by it?

As from the movie and the information provided above, island would probably consume the entire guy clothing and all.

Take care,

Michael