Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

What is the differance in the swim wear used by swimmers/

what is the differance in the swim wear used by swimmers/ divers to that of water polo players

Good afternoon,

Went ahead to research differences between the two pieces of swimwear.

Swimmers are looking for speed so swim wear needs to be tighter and a smoother fit allowing for a more hydrodynamic fit.

Water Polo is a much more active game as many are pushing and shoving other players under the water. That is why their swimwear is more of a tough non stretch material. Often water polo speedo designs are made of 100% polyester to prevent the permanent stretching of the material during play.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks . Why do male waterpolo players sometimes wear two pairs of swim trunks?

Damage to the swimwear will cause those to wear more than one pair. Sport is very rough and damage and tearing of swimwear occurs. That is why players often will wear more than one pair during play.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see , what would happen to a damages suit while still in play ?

Since they wear more than one that play would continue until a break in play where the damaged suit can be taken off.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
potentialy how may suits could be damaged in a game of water polo , what happen to the damaged suits?

My research shows that some players can wear as many as 7-8 suits during play. The damaged suits are then tossed aside and not worn.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wow thats a lot of suits , so how many guys in the two teams , multiplied by the number of suits.

Each team made up of six field players and one goalkeeper for a total of 14 in the water.

Depends on each player and how many suits they are wearing so the amount worn can differ by game and players in the water.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great answer , what would happen to all the torn suits, would they be repairable?

It would depend on someone on staff that can repair how bad the rips and tears are and if it could be worn again. Also if the budget for the particular team is large enough that tossing them away and wearing a new pair would be easier than repairing.

Take care,

Michael