Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Leopard of Rudraprayag what turns leopards into man eaters

Good evening,

Researching on this topic and it is reported that because of a flu epidemic in India in 1918 that the only thing to eat for leopards was humans:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/03/07/man-knowledge-a-history-of-man-eaters/

As for how a leopard might eat a human, usually rare as only in extreme circumstances would this happen. They would I believe eat someone the same way they would eat any prey they caught. Clothing I would feel that they would not digest.

https://defenders.org/leopard/basic-facts

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. Thanks for the great information , I had not known that the leopards had got a taste for humans after the flu epidemic in India.
if this guy was on a hiking holiday and stopped for a moment to take in a view and told the rest of the group he would catch up to them . he is walking along when the leopard attacks. could the leopard kill him. Would it be able to drag his body off.
how and were would it start to feed on him . How much would it be able to eat.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4032/3667/1600/pic06.1.jpg

It would be possible but only if there was a need for the leopard to want to attack as it does not seem that this type of animal want to do this to humans. The leopard I would believe could kill the person you talk about. It would probably eat as much as needed to survive but not the clothing.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Michael.Thanks for the information.if the leopard in this situation was already a man eater so had already tasted human flesh. were would it start to feed on the guy first?

Hard to tell as this is not common. My thought would be that somewhere in the middle of the body as that is where any meat would be found on someone.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would it feed on the area covered by the small denim shorts , if so how might it do this?

I would believe that somewhere above that area as that is where more meat would be found.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
in your opinion, the leopard would not eat any of the guy covered by the shorts?

The area covered in the shorts I would think would not be an area of interest. Animals such as these want meat so the area of the body above this would interest them the most.

Take care,

Librarian Michael