RRJha
RRJha, Engineer
Experience:  Engineering Graduate
20870358
Type Your Question Here...

I’m looking to find out which programming language I would

I’m looking to find out which programming language I would need to learn to programme enterprise application software. Also which resources would be best for reading and learning to help me with that? I work for my father and I want to code a system that helps collate data, create invoices, set up an e-commerce website, app and linking everything together.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

You'd have to learn three main things -

Database for data management (SQL/mysql etc)

Front-end development for user interface (language like HTML, JavaScript etc)

Back-end development for core server side processes (Ruby on rails, Java, .NET C# *****).

Generally, both .NET and Ruby on Rails are sufficient to handle everything.

For mobile apps, you'd have to learn specially for iOS or Android development.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’m currently learning JavaScript, HTML and CSS. Would there be any books or webpages you would advise I look for to learn about this. Even courses in free code camp that could help?

tutorialspoint.com and w3schools.com are the ones you could use for both learning and coding.

I suggest you learn jQuery along with JavaScript, as the former is the one you'd be using most.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to understand as much a possible, as I think this would be hugely beneficial for myself and the business. Also I study around 35 hours a week, roughly how long do you think back end and database management would take to learn ?

Database management you can cover within 1-2 weeks.

Back-end is huge, but you can cover the relevant things in 4-5 weeks if you already have basic programming experience (C or C++).

It's all up to practice, web development is limitless. The more you code as a developer, the more you learn.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Brilliant thanks, ***** ***** books you would recommend?

Not specifically. Web tutorials are the shortest route to learn specifically what you want. Books may take you 12-16 weeks to learn as they're comprehensive. You may check this book for C# ***** .Net

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks very much for your help, really appreciate it

Most welcome!

Please also click 5-stars at the top of this page to leave a rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’ve emailed before in relation to a system in which my fathers business can use to collate inventory information, scan good in/out, invoice creation, connecting websites up with apps and also accounts. Now would this system be an enterprise application software or Enterprise resource planning software. Could you give me an overview of which system we require, we are looking to create an ecosystem within the business and tie everything into one package to utilise all aspects of technology to our advantage.

I don't think there's a much difference between the two.

I've seen ERP in complex business networks, they're just another software application.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So we could do all of the above with both? Are those two software applications the best to use for the system we are looking to implement? So we could connect internal office operations I.e invoice creation, e-commerce, app and tie it up with scanning goods in/out, having live feeds on inventory, sales/ projected sales etc.

I don't have experience in these, but I don't think they're two different things.

I've seen usage of ERP in big organizations, so it must have quite extensive applicability.