RRJha
RRJha, Engineer
Experience:  Engineering Graduate
20870358
Type Your Question Here...

I’m looking to find out which programming language I would

I’m looking to find out which programming language I would need to learn to programme enterprise application software. Also which resources would be best for reading and learning to help me with that? I work for my father and I want to code a system that helps collate data, create invoices, set up an e-commerce website, app and linking everything together.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

You'd have to learn three main things -

Database for data management (SQL/mysql etc)

Front-end development for user interface (language like HTML, JavaScript etc)

Back-end development for core server side processes (Ruby on rails, Java, .NET C# *****).

Generally, both .NET and Ruby on Rails are sufficient to handle everything.

For mobile apps, you'd have to learn specially for iOS or Android development.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m currently learning JavaScript, HTML and CSS. Would there be any books or webpages you would advise I look for to learn about this. Even courses in free code camp that could help?

tutorialspoint.com and w3schools.com are the ones you could use for both learning and coding.

I suggest you learn jQuery along with JavaScript, as the former is the one you'd be using most.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I want to understand as much a possible, as I think this would be hugely beneficial for myself and the business. Also I study around 35 hours a week, roughly how long do you think back end and database management would take to learn ?

Database management you can cover within 1-2 weeks.

Back-end is huge, but you can cover the relevant things in 4-5 weeks if you already have basic programming experience (C or C++).

It's all up to practice, web development is limitless. The more you code as a developer, the more you learn.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Brilliant thanks, ***** ***** books you would recommend?

Not specifically. Web tutorials are the shortest route to learn specifically what you want. Books may take you 12-16 weeks to learn as they're comprehensive. You may check this book for C# ***** .Net

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks very much for your help, really appreciate it

Most welcome!

Please also click 5-stars at the top of this page to leave a rating.