Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

What is the island of Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia been made

What is the island of Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia been made famous for ?

Hello again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is Cher and it will be my pleasure to assist you, today.

Nuku Hiva, a volcanic island of the northwestern Marquesas Islands, in French Polynesia, is located in the central South Pacific Ocean. Nuku Hiva is the Marquesas' main and largest island. It is also widely regarded as the most beautiful of the Marquesas. It is famous for Herman Melville having written his book 'Typee' based on his experiences in the Taipivai valley, located in the eastern part of Nuku Hiva.

I hope this helps.

Before leaving this page, please be so kind as to issue a positive rating or a 'thank you' for my answer, as this is the only way in which I will receive credit for my assistance from the website. A 5-star rating would be greatly appreciated! The ratings/stars area is on the top of your page, or on the bottom, if using a mobile device. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for the information ,was there not an incident were a tourist went missing on the island back in 2011?

You're most welcome and thank you for your excellent rating as it is much appreciated!

I'll research that incident you referred to and get back to you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks.

No problem!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hello, again.

My sincerest apologies for the wait. I had to deal with a family emergency and just became available. Thank you so much for your patience.

Yes, you were correct; I researched this and found the following:

https://metro.co.uk/2011/10/17/german-tourist-stefan-ramin-eaten-by-cannibals-on-pacific-island-nuku-hiva-185868/

-----------

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for the help, would you be interested in giving some more information on what happened to the tourist, if not let me know and i will get someone else,

You're most welcome!

There is really no further information on what happened to the tourist than what I sent you in that article, so you can start a new question and ask someone else, if you wish.