Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Looking for information on the hot springs that are present

Looking for information on the hot springs that are present in and around the yellow stone national park .geysers etc.

Hello, and welcome back to the site.

My name is Cher and I will be glad to help with your question.

Please allow me a short while to gather the information and send your answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

No problem.

Hello, again.

60% of the world's geysers and hot springs are inside Yellowstone National Park, located in Wyoming, USA. Old Faithful, of course, is one of the most well known geysers in Yellowstone. It erupts quite often and there are trails to walk along, to see it from many angles. Some other important geysers and hot springs are: Grand Prismatic Spring,

Midway Geyser Basin, Norris Geyser Basin, West Thumb Geyser Basin, Fountain Paint Pot, Black Sand Basin, Castle Geyser, Mammoth Hot Springs.

You can see more detailed information at the site, below:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60999-Activities-c57-t61-Yellowstone_National_Park_Wyoming.html

-------------

If the name of each geyser/hot springs above, are in 'blue', you can click right on them to see more information, as well.

I hope this answered your question satisfactorily and you will consider rating positively (5 stars would be great!) so the website will recognize and credit me for my assistance. Thank you!

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Wow they look beautiful .I read that you can swim and bathe in the hot springs in Iceland .could you do that with the ones at yellow stone.

Yes, they are breathtaking! I will check to see if you can swim and bathe in any hot springs in Yellowstone and get back to you.

Hi, again.

The first area you can swim in Yellowstone, is at Boiling River near Mammoth. There's a section of the Gardiner River where hot springs well up, and by adjusting the rocks you can mix the hot and cold water for a pleasant soak. The only other sanctioned swimming spot within the park is on the Firehole River.

I hope this information helped you further.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks.

You're most welcome; it is my pleasure to be of help!

Your excellent rating is highly appreciated; thank you very much!