Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I have received a Txt message from Papal telling me my

I have received a Txt message from Papal telling me my Account is under review. I need to know if this is a Scam or a genuine message.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I have told you everything I know.The number it came from is +447951083738 and tells me to go to https://user-id837264927.com=4 to remove block.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sending your request to our service.

Reviewing what has been reported on the message you received as well as the text number which is one not located in the US that this is a scam that is looking for personal financial information from you. Written example of this scam can be found below in the link provided:

https://www.webtitan.com/blog/paypal-text-phishing-scam/

Best to delete the text message as you can also report to PayPal to inform them of the scam that continues to take place.

I hope that the information provided has been found helpful. Also if you could please take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks so much , it was what I had suspected

You are welcome as best to be safe and not provide anything that sounds incorrect. You can always contact PayPal directly to be sure your account is in good order.

Take care,

Librarian Michael