Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

My daughter is upset, she found out today she didn’t get her

Hello ,My daughter is upset, she found out today she didn’t get her dream job.She hasn’t eaten all day and has been in her room all day.I don’t know what to do she hates positive words of encouragement.Should I leave her alone or do something else.

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

So sorry to hear about your daughter not getting the dream job she has worked so hard for.

Difficult at first to receive this news as I am sure she feels that her career will not go the way she wants. We both know that this is not the case as more opportunities will open up for her.

As she sounds like the person who does not want to hear positive words of encouragement at this difficult time in her career that let her know that you are there for support and will listen when she is ready to talk. Over the next day or so that this incident will pass and she will understand that there are other options out there to try. Just provide an ear to allow her to talk when she is ready as that should be very soon.

I hope that the information provided was found helpful in answering the question asked.

Please let me know how I can be of assistance with future requests on our site.

https://www.justanswer.com/general/expert-mshapiro/?rpt=3800

Take care,

Librarian Michael