Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Pain in nose, Yes a couple weeks, No

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Pain in nose
JA: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?
Customer: Yes a couple weeks
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Where exactly is the pain in the nose? Do you have a blocked nose or flu? Any headache? Does the pain gets worse on bending forward?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am on medication for high blood pressure, sometimes when I blow my noise there is blood, whenever I use a cotton bud to clean my nose there is always blood.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am having a constant headache on my forehead and my right nostril feels blocked
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

How old are you and for how long this has been going on?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m 20, I’ve noticed blood in my snot for a few months now, it is only little dots on my snot
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. This is a sinus infection and is very common. At your age, cancer is not likely and cancer of the nose never starts with the pain. You should start with over-the-counter available Sinex nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for 5 days and tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days. Use tablet Claritin once daily for 7 days. See your doctor later on as you may need antibiotics but I reassure you in the same way as I would have assured some of my family members that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself. If you can go to A & E for earlier treatment, that would be best.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are we able to further talk about the issue
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

yes sure

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Regarding this issue and what has happened so far
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Yes please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have been to A&E about bad chest pains and a slight nose bleed. At that time they did a chest X-ray, physical examination of my body, and shined a torch up my nose. I have had numerous blood tests and ecg tests over the last months. Does this rule out anything serious
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Yes this does rule out serious issues but ultimately for this sinus infection, you must be given antibiotics and if you don't respond then you must be sent to an ENT.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I spoke with the doctor but they concluded nothing is the matter , there is no pain in my nose just in my forehead , sometimes when I blow my nose there is blood, sometimes there is not, I am also on high blood pressure medication
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Then this is most likely frontal sinusitis.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
this could occur for months
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Yes even for years if not treated.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

You are welcome