How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 17485
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

My son is in Germany. I was never married to his mother. I

Customer Question

My son is in Germany. I was never married to his mother. I am Indian. I met my sons mother in India. She left me in India and took my son to Germany without consulting me when he was 2 and a half years old. She did not contact me or give me news of my son. When he was six I married a british citizen. I went to Germany to see my son. I live with my wife in live in London. I have a low income. I have been sending £100 per month to my son. I have been sent an order from a German court in Luneburg regarding maintenance, which says that i must respond in my defence in 2 weeks giving my financial information from 2011 to 2012 with a signed affidavit otherwise there will be a ruling by default and I shall be liable for court costs and maintenance of 334euros per month. the ruling states that I have never paid any maintenance but this is not true. During that time i was earning £1000 per month but since September 2012 I am earning £400 per month. My wife helps to support me, and I also send money to my family in India. What percentage of my income should I be paying to my son under German law? Is my wife expected to pay for my son?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Just Answer

First of all it is absolutely important to answer within the 2 weeks' deadline

The answer must be in court by then or you shall lose the case

Did the letter say anything about you needing a solicitor?

If the answer is yes you cannot write there yourself

You do not earn enough money to pay child support

May I ask is there any reason why you earn so little like illness or something?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Yes, they said that procedural declarations may only be submitted with legal effect by a lawyer and that this is mandatory.


They have not given the date from which the deadline starts.


I left school at a young age. I earn little because I do not have qualifications and there is a recession. I was a subsistence farmer in India, I grew my own food for me and my family. I had a full time job as a receptionist last year in london on the basic wage, but now I am part time.





Customer: replied 4 years ago.


do you have more to say?

Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

I am sorry for the delay but the site was down so I could not access it.

The deadline starts when you receive the letter from court.

You have to have a lawyer otherwise you are going to lose the case.

Did you earn the 1000 Pound Sterling you wrote to me about when ypu were working fulltime as a receptionist?

Because if you are an unskilled labourer you are not expected to be earning this much only about 1000 Pound before taxes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


I did earn £1000 per month when I was working full time.



Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

then you do not have to pay child support because even when working full time you cannot earn enough money

You nred a solicitor and there is a deadline

If I have helped I would very much appreciate a positive feedback because this is how I get paid

Thsnk you