How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 17487
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

Dear Sir/Madam: As a wife of EU citizen I currently hold

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam:

As a wife of EU citizen I currently hold 2 visa permits: one for Europe (obtained in Spain where we got married and leaved for 2 years) and another one for United Kingdom (at the moments I have full time job in London)

In January 2010 I was crossing German border on my way back after skiing holidays with my partner(we weren’t married in that time) and friends and apparently I still wasn’t allowed to be in Europe as our marriage request was still in process.

I was detained by police and left to leave home in 2 days.

My question:
At the moment I am traveling free in all countries of EU and UK in weekly base as my job require constant meetings with clients.
After that incident I never come back to Germany, but in 2 weeks I will have to travel there for work to visit my company's facilities.

I will need your suggestion/advice if I am allowed to come back to Germany after all my visa issues were solved.

Kindest Regards

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

I am sorry you were treated so badly.

But as you have a visa for Europe , the Schengen states I presume, you can travel freely within the Schengen states and of course travel to Germany.

So there should be no problem

I hope I was able ro help

If so a positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Should you have any further questions please ask
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does Germany has cases of banned entry for specific amount of years or once you got a visa you can free visit a country in any case?

Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

oh no, this would be against EU Law and the Schengen treaty
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

Please be my guest