How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 106
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

My wife divorced in Wolfsburg in 1981/1982. I have never seen

Customer Question

My wife divorced in Wolfsburg in 1981/1982. I have never seen a copy of the Decree Absolute. Kindly tell me how I can find out where this can be obtained.
Walter Bowry
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

The only thing you an do is write to the court , give the dates such as dob, name , last name , address and case number XXXXX ask if they could send you a copy.

With some luck they may still have the files somewhere in the cellar or in the attic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The answer does not tell me anything if I had those details I could do this myself.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.



Thank you for using JustAnswer.


If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the German version of our site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the German version of JustAnswer.


You will need to place a new deposit on the US site.


You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:


Please let me know if you need further assistance,