Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

I am a UK resident and wish to adopt an adult to make them

I am a UK resident and wish to adopt an adult to make them my legal heir. The adult is 23yrs old and from Romania, whilst I am a UK citizen. In the UK one cannot adopt an adult.
Would I be able to do this in Germany as we are both European Citizens and both very much wish for the adoption to happen?
Kind Regards, Jon

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm happy to wait.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Jon Menice
Hello Jon,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

Yes it is possible.

For this adoption you or the adult would have to be a permanent resident in Germany because otherwise the German Family Law Court does not have jurisdiction.

The law is § 187 FamFG

I hope I was able to help If so please rate my answer positively thank you so much

Sorry this was supposed to be an answer, not an info request.

Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Dear Customer

Have you got any further questions ?

Please feel free to ask