How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 17628
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

me and my friend live in the uk. my friend wants to give one

This answer was rated:

me and my friend live in the uk. my friend wants to give one of his german property to me as a gift. we have arranged a german notary public solicitor. solicitor wants my friend's power of attorney because for the ownership transfer becoming my name. german solicitor has given the power of attorney with my friends details, but does not include my details. Would my details be needed in the power of attorney as well.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

In German Law when buying or selling property it has to be notarized .

Both parties need to be present or need to be represented by a third party

So if you are not present in person the notary needs a power of atty with all your details
Claudia Schiessl and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you