How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 17487
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

Thank you for your reply claudia. When My friends solicitor

This answer was rated:

Thank you for your reply claudia. When My friends solicitor represents my friend in court, would i need another solicitor to represent me, as this is not a buying and selling process and we will not be present. But it is a change in ownership name in property.

My friend gave power of attorney to his solicitor to act on his behalf to carry out the process of changing the property name from his to mine name. However the power of attorney does not mention my details as i am getting the property as a gift, but my friend has his details on the power of attorney.

Would my name be needed in the power of attorney or not?
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

If this is not about notarizing but about a court case both parties need solicitors if the case is worth more than 5000,00 Euro.

More than that and a solicitor is mandatory
Claudia Schiessl and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you