How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 17487
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

I need advice on what to do with a court case which is Germany.

Customer Question

I need advice on what to do with a court case which is Germany. I am a single parent with no job so am I able to get legal aid ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
Yes, as a citizen of the EU you are entitled to legal aid if your motion is likely to succeed.
You need to fill in a form and send paperwork as well about your income, your rent and so on.
Go to
To Formulare
And to
Erklärung über die persönlichen und wirtschaftlichen Verhältnisse.
There you can download the form and print it.
It is a bit complicated to fill in .
Do not forget to sign at the end.
I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Claudia

Thank you response.

I cannot read German. How do I get this form in English?

Thank you

Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,
according to EU rules and secrion 1078 of our Zivilprozessordnung the legal aid paperwork has to be filled in in German and all the attachments have to be translated in German as well.
May I ask
What is the case about and which court ?
Maybe I can help