Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

I have been divorced for 8 years and the separation was

Customer Question

I have been divorced for 8 years and the separation was amicable, I live in the Uk and my ex lives in Germany with our 3 children. We have recently had issues in having to both sign for the children's medical and legal rights. We decided it would be easier if she had sole custody so she can have power of attorney over such issues. I have been given a court summons to attend a hearing in Germany, this is not what I expected as we both agreed it was best for the kids. I am now worried if I don't attend I will have a European warrant out for my arrest or if I do attend I will get a huge bill for the court proceedings. What should I do?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

thank you for your question .

Custody is not at the parents' disposition , it has to be transferred by court order which is mandatory .

If you do not attend there will be no warrant as this is not criminal law. Most likely there will be penalties to be paid as what a court orders has to be done .

The fees if you attend are minimal and divided by half so this is no problem.

So my advice is to attend or to get into contact with court and ask if you can be heard by a court in England

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.

Any further questions?

Dear Customer.

If you do not have any further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Please tell me why you will not give the expert credit for her work

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like a refund

Why is that ?

Legal advice is not lile make a wish

I am a family law expert and I know what I am talking about

please prove my answer wrong