Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

I had a speeding ticket from germany asking to pay a fine of

I had a speeding ticket from germany asking to pay a fine of 160 euro and one month driving ban .I paid the fine but in order to comply with the ban i have to send them my driving license .I am a British citizen The speeding offence was in Germany in Speyer .I do not want to send my british License because i work as a consultant in Stroke medicine . I need my car for work.
My question what will happen if i will not surrender my license to the German police ? Will i be able to drive in germany again?

Dear Customer,

are you based in Britain? Anre you a British resident?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am. I was in Germany as tourist. I am British citizen.

Dear Custoer,

the ban is only for Germany. Of course you can drive in Britain und they cannot force you to hand over ypur British driving licence.

So as long as you do not come back here by car , no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about driving in Italy?

everywhere except Germany

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I drive in Germany again please?

only if you surrender the licence then after the month

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I will not surrender my licence I will not be able to drive in Germany again!

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a doctor and need my car for work in England. Do you think that if I make letter of appeal will the police will consider lifting the one month ban?

Dear Customer,

I would write to them , tell them that you are a British resindet and a doctor and need your driving licence.

Add some paperwork to back it up.

Offer them to pay a higher fine instead of the ban

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will. My only worry then they will ask me to appear in court in Germany!

You do npt need to as you are a British Citizen and nop German resident

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Last question please. Are you a lawyer? And do you deal with traffic offences?

I am a lawyer . Check me out in google.

Yes I do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

A positive rating gives me credit

thx

You rate and pay by clicking on 3-5 stars

WHY do you not want the lawyer ( Rechtsanwalt which is more like a barrister ) to be paid?

Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.