Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

My German mother lost her German nationality when she

My German mother lost her German nationality when she married my British Father, They were married in !949 and I was born 1951 and I have a German birth certificate from Lemgo, Germany. I have been told I can not claim German nationality because of this ! I have records from my german grandparents and great- grandparents, Will this help my wish to claim German Nationality
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes , The original copy's of the records have been sent to Germany
Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: at the moment its all I need to know

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your request.

According to German Law you are a German national if one or both parents are German nationals.

Before the year of 1975 it had to be the father who was German.

Only from the year of 1975 on it can be either father or mother.

So even if you were born in 1951 and your mother was German you are not German national.

Bing born in Germany does not help because German nationlaty is acquired by blood or by naturalization

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I claim German nationality via my German Grandparents and my German Great- Grandparents ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you continue online conversation

Dear Customer,

alas no, because the only people who are important are your parents, back then when you were born your father´s nationaity