How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 20021
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

Live in England, my father passed away and I have a 50%

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am English and live in England, my father passed away and I have a 50% share of his property, when looking for a solicitor in Germany, what do the need to specialise in as I have tried to look for someone local but the language is an issue as I don't speak German to any great degree...
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I think so through a notary?
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think there is

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.

Dear Customer,

thanj you so much for your request and sorry for your loss

You need a specialist for inheritance law ( Fachanwalt für Erbrecht)

In which city was your father´s residence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

here is a law office with a very good reputation near Erlangen

They also speak English

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it has been noted with a "notary" is that sufficient for now? What issues will there be with ht property if my uncle does not leave a will?


Notimg with a notary makes a valid will

Why your uncle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father left 50% to me, my uncle owns the other 50%

Is your uncle in Germany

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he lives in the property it was equally owned by them as brothers. My uncle is not married and has no children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I made an appointment with the solicitors what would they want to see?

Then his part goes to his parents and if they are no longer alive their children and grandchildren

The document from the notary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see above their parents are deceased and he has no children....

THEIR children, his parents`children and grandchildren

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see so unless he specifically leaves a will, it would come to his brothers children?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you I think its a little clearer for me -

You are welcome

Please do not forget to rate

thank you

Claudia Schiessl and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you