How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Claudia Schiessl Your Own Question
Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 19593
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Claudia Schiessl is online now

I have a daughter who is 9 and she lives with her German

This answer was rated:

I have a daughter who is 9 and she lives with her German mother in Germany. I use to have regular contact but now the mother does not let me see her. We were never married. Is there any possibility I will see her again?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Not by me. She has claimed that I did not want to pay maintenance but that is not true. I have said this to the Children's welfare and the court when they sent me a letter I last saw my daughter at Christmas last year
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I do not know. She won't reply to any of my messages. I presume she has contacted the court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have any hope and how much will it cost? I presume I will have to get a second job to cover the expenses
Dear Customer,Thank you so much for your request .
The only possibility is going through family court and filing a motion about your visitation rights
These rights are strictly speaking children’s‘ rights and therefore taken very seriouslyThe costs are about 1,000 Euros

Any further questions?

Be my guest

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I presume the best way to do this would be through a lawyer in Germany?

Yes, and he or she needs to be specialized in Family Law

Claudia Schiessl and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you