Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor
65242892

MY MOTHER'S SISTER HAD DIED IN GERMANY, HER BOTH DAUGHTERS

MY MOTHER'S SISTER HAD DIED IN GERMANY, HER BOTH DAUGHTERS HAVE NO MONEY TO CREMATE HER, SO THEY ARE BOTH SIGNING A DECLARATION TO GIVE UP ANY CLAIM. MY MOTHER IS NEXT IN LINE AND THEY SAY THEY WILL COME AFTER HER FOR THE MONEY. CAN THEY DO THIS?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING IN THE POST AS YET. BUT THEY SAY IT IS COMING
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO JUST WHAT WE CAN DO AS MY MOTHER CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY TOWARDS THIS.
Come after her for the money for what?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
for the cremation fees
Hi thank you for your message, I see but the claim would be against the estate if there is no estate ie your mothers sisters had no money or assets then there is no assets to pay the fees and the claim fails. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok but when this happened with her other sister, she had no estate, no children and my mother was next of kin, she was made to pay £920 for the Cremation and had to go to a notary lawyer in Liverpool, part of the german consulate and sign and pay £80 to confirm no claim would be made towards the estate even though there was no estate and I as her daughter had to do the same, and he told us they can keep on going down the line of heirs until they get their money

Hi thank you for your message, ok well then why does your mother and yourself sign a declaration to give up any claim on the estate and then they can keep going down the line of heirs but then they too could do the same thing. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.