Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical and Computer Engineer.
16465236

Just connected a new Garmin Drive 51 to install software

Customer Question

Just connected a new Garmin Drive 51 to install software updates. It gets as far as preparing for updates and then hangs with the little revolving thing saying "this may take a minute" I have tried restarting the process but it hangs in the same place
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Garmin Drive 51
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: I am downloading updates to this new devize. It has updated the device software and performed a restart but it is hanging on "preparing for updates" with revolvig thing saying "this may take a minute
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all so far
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the uynit and update it.

Let me know the results please