simitpatel
simitpatel, Customer Service
Experience:  I regularly repair and work with various GPS devices.
15190142

I have a Garmin nuvi 2545LM; sadly it seems to have died. it

Hi - I have a Garmin nuvi 2545LM; sadly it seems to have died. it currently will not charge up either in my car or via USB and this after a period saying that it was about to run out even when plugged in. Is this terminal? Or is it a battery problem? My manual on P2 seems to give conflicting advice as to whether the battery can be replaced or not.
JA: Are there any lights on your GPS when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?
Customer: No: by now nothing at all.
JA: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?
Customer: None at all. It had been going very well until we began to get the charging message as few weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else as far as I know

The first thing to try is resetting the device. To do that, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. And then plug it into charge and see if it charges now. You may need to leave it plugged in for about 30 minutes for it to start charging.

Let me know if that doesn't correct the issue. If it does, please rate my answer 5 stars.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thanks: some progress. Pressed power button for 30 secs, then plugged into USB to charge. We now get (some) life! First up, title page, bright. tap this, get warning on driving - "Agree". After this you may get "bing-bong" and screen greys out over Garmin charging image. hangs. Pick it up - it goes off. ??

Just try doing the same reset steps a few times. The battery might just be low which might be causing these issues.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK; will do.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ah well: still the same result as above. Nevertheless my computer does recognise the device and I have successfully (it says) downloaded updates to it. But still no further action.

So is it actually charging when you plug it in now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello again: yes, I think so. Discovered that the sequence breaks if unplugged from computer USB, and got further into functional mode. Just tried it in my car and bar one failure it looks as though it may be back again. I'm going to call that a success - many thanks for your encouragment!