Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  8+ years repairing various Garmin, TomTom and other GPS models.
61965098

I have a Garmin S40 and cant get it to upload to my Samsung

Customer Question

I have a Garmin S40 and cant get it to upload to my Samsung J5 mobile
Bluetooth Error
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sync even
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Sijad and I will be happy to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your watch to your phone.

Is the Samsung phone software up to date? If you GPS watch software up to date? Have they been paired before or is this the first time pairing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phone - it is a work phone so assume so I have loaded the Garmin connect and Golf APP - no idea re GPS software how do I check ? It paired once for about 24 hours
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 months ago.

To update the devices software, you will need the Garmin Express software. You can download it from here: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Download and installed the software. Connect your Garmin to your computer using the usb cable that came with the device and power it on. Give it 2-3 minutes to connect with your computer. Then, run Garmin express. Follow the onscreen prompts to add you device to the program and allow it to search for updates. If updates are found, please installed them. Then, on your phone, delete the Garmin connect/Golf app. Restart your phone by turning off and then back on. Reinstall the app on your phone. Run the app and attempt to pair the phone and device again.