Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I enter latitude 42.3415 and longitude -3.6577 for

How do I enter latitude 42.3415 and longitude -3.6577 for Spain into my Garmin sat nav
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I believe it is a Garmin camper 660
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: All sorts of combinations but I can't get rid of the N S E W at the beginning and I can't get a minus sign for the longitude
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ty

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

If you still need help with this issue:

I believe the issue is that the "Format" in the coordinate entry screen MAY NOT be correct (needs to be "h ddd.ddddd" format) AND that the minus sign needs to be taken into account by switching the "E" to "W".

I have attached a few images that show these screens on one of the units I have. Please click the following links to see those images.

When I entered those coordinates in the shown format (see image) it does show that location in Spain AND a campground at that location. I have a link to a Google map showing that location below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/42%C2%B020'29.4%22N+3%C2%B039'27.7%22W/@42.3416499,-3.6598599,16.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.3415!4d-3.6577

Please give those entry methods a try and let me know what you find.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.

(m-ima)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think that you jave cracked it for me thank you very much