Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have a Garmin Sat Nav Model nuvi 2508 LT-D, I think it was

I have a Garmin Sat Nav Model nuvi 2508 LT-D
JA: How old is your Nuvi?
Customer: I think it was bought in 2015. The problem I have is as follows. The screen went black while using it. It would not initially switch off. The screen is now white with two intersecting black lines and a black dot at their intersection point and the words 'Touch dot' If I touch the dot it and the two lines move around the screen and after six 'touches' it is back where it started. I have tried to connect it to my computer without success. Can this be repaired / rectified or is it terminal and it is time for me to replace it with a new one.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?
Customer: This is my first contact with Garmin as where I bought it from cannot help with after sales service.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, if it can be repaired can you give me an estimate as it may be a better option to replace it if the repair cost is high. If it can be repaired that is.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your GPS. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the nuvi and use it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I still have the two intersecting black lines and the words 'touch dot'

ok, please touch the dot. Does it respond?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The two lines and the black dot move around the screen as previously described.

I saw that before but wanted to see if it changed when you did my instructions, if not then it means it is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Do you have any idea what the cost of the repair would be as it is out of any warranty period.

You would have to request an offer from this on my link below to get this.

https://support.garmin.com/en-SG/?faq=tCaD277YAn08GTNzP4OraA

Any issues please let me know.