Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have a Garmin Edge Explore 1000 - it is no longer

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Garmin Edge Explore 1000 - it is no longer recognised by Garmin Express. I have deleted and re-loaded Garmin Express several times, checked I have the latest version, checked the USB, turned my computer off and on again, put my Garmin back to factory settings, removed my ride history - still Garmin Express can't see the Edge 1000...I know it needs software update. Any help gratefully received.
JA: Did you download all the necessary software for the update (e.g. Garmin Express or WebUpdater)?
Customer: Yes
JA: How's the Internet connection while updating? Have you tried restarting your computer and trying the download again?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Garmin . I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Garmin and connect it.

Let me know the results please