TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

It states cannot read dvd. It’s the gps in the boot for the

Hi it states cannot read dvd.
JA: Hi. What specific DVD player would you like help with?
Customer: It’s the gps in the boot for the navigation. I bought a couple of new discs as the original was scratched but it’s states the same inability to read the disc. It worked up until about 6 months ago.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s about it.

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been not-so-positive with your GPS Navigation.

Thank you for sending all the initial information over, I wanted to capture some additional information before making further suggestions.

• I would like to know the Brand and model details so that I can take a look into it first and why it may not be able to read the inserted disks?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi it’s the gps system in the boot of a 2007 Mercedes’ E350

Perfect, I really appreciate you letting me have that additional information.

It has come to my attention that you have already attempted more than one disk so it's very clear that the problem is with the disk reader rather than the disk itself.

There is a very high chance lens may need to be cleaned before you can try using it again. You can find that there is special lens cleaning equipment on the market you may want to make use of to assist you with that.

Let me suggest a few options that can assist with cleaning those readers/lenses.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven