Les Wilkinson
Les Wilkinson,
Experience:  Expert
114806441

I have a forklift with a drive issue, Fwd / / Rev - clicks

I have a forklift with a drive issue, Fwd / Nut / Rev - clicks with the stalk movement but no motion when accelerator pressed.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator

Hi its Les ,what model of forklift are you currently having issues with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only know it is a 2.5 T Kalmar
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can not get to it at this time.

Ok, don't worry it will give me time to do a little digging. Are you good to go with a test meter once we have all the info?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure, it is my lad who is doing the donkey work, he is not around either, what kind of test meter will we need?

Just a normal multi meter, this make of forklift has quite a range, are we dealing with a full electric unit or diesel powered unit we have a lot of options in my data base.

if possible can we get a unit serial number, it is usually located in the driver cab area or on the chassis.

if i have this information i could possibly get the correct schematic drawing, and guide you through the testing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As soon as I can get Rumpelstiltskin about and moving, he is like a Ferret and will try to find information, when this happens, I will get back to you , if that is OK.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry Diesel.

Yes that's fine, with the correct information i am sure we can identify the issue and rectify it.

Contact me anytime with the information requested, i will take it from there.

Good luck with the ferret.

Cheers Les

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Great, Thank you.
Hi any news on the serial number for your forklift
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for not getting back, been really busy, what I have is. Kalmar / 1989 - NSN - 3930-99-873-7837. CODE NO: 9635 3408 - SERIAL NO:(###) ###-####
Hi okay that helps just give me a little time to get all the info we may need.
This could be hydraulic or electrical in nature but at least we can narrow it down together.
I will be in touch tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THANK YOU.
Ok i have placed a request for details relating to the unit i will contact you when we have it.
Do you have a set time to work on the unit or can we commence troubleshooting any time?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think an arranged time is best, thanks.
Okay i have received info i want put it into a PDF that we can work off tonight.
We canthen set a time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just getting tools and things ready
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The guy who will answer is Peter, do I give you his number after clicking the "call me"
Where are you located at present
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Denbigh. Nth. Wales.
Ok send your number so we can do a little ground work
Les Wilkinson,
Experience: Expert
I have requested your call
Just send number i will call
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

************

Just get message
Only going to answering machine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He was hanging on waiting and listening to music, so I told him to hang up and wait for your call.
Hi Alex
As discussed take a pic of the shifter harness and transmission controller valve,i will then match this to the information i have for your unit and we can carry on.
As you said this issue became a gradual developing problem which usually relates to a hydraulic issue in the transmission, possible dumping of fwd and rev pack pressure.
The toque converter also has a cold start bypass valve which dumps a certain amount of cold oil to limit pressure in the transmission system.
A modulation valve which gradually engages the clutch packs could also be defective.
So as you can see we need to start from a point to figure out if we are dealing with an electrical or hydraulic transmission issue.
I am sure between us we will identify and hopefully resolve the issue at hand.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is going to get photo's in daylight, do you want them by phone or e-mail.
By phone is best
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK Thank you.
Did you manage to get the pictures of the items i requested??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have just started removing the panels.
Good chat just now when you are ready
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just sent photo's.
Okay you will need a multi meter so we can start to check the transmission electrical system.
Ensure the battery is charged and the ignition is turned on.
Set the multi meter to 20volts DC please check you are on DC as AC will give nonsensical readings.
Next take a sheet of paper and draw a rough layout of the connections, with wire colours so we can record the reading’s.
Ensure the black lead is in the COM PORT and the red lead is in the OHM/VOLTS PORT (NOT AMPS)
With the ignition on take the black lead and earth it on the chassis,then take the red lead and check each wire and record the voltage.
Reply with the result.
Check the voltages in all modes i.e
In neutral
Fwd
Rev
Note all voltages
Also if no voltage is present it may seem like a silly thing but check for a blown fuse on the shifter controller system.
Hi have you had any results on your test
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has just called me, a nut screw cap that pushed on a ram, they discovered it had come off, so they messed around with it and screwed it back on, it is now working perfectly, you have been more than a fantastic help, thank you very much.
I think that it was the neutral solenoid coil that was loose.
I am a permanent member of this forum now.
I deal with crushers, excavators, skid steers , wheel loaders etc if you need assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.Please rate my service
Les
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Definitely will, thanks again for all the help.

Did you get a chance to review the information Peter