Les Wilkinson
Les Wilkinson,
Experience:  Expert
114806441

I have a Komatsu PC05-7 and I can not get the track tight I

I have a Komatsu PC05-7 and I can not get the track tight I have removed the track and the front idler wheel moves easily put it back and no movement when pump in the grease I would be very greatful for some advice Regards Martin
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: KomastuPC 05-7 Type F15046
JA: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I think that is all I need for this thank you
Hi its les here.
When you are pumping the grease is the grease gun hard to push down, or are you using an air grease gun.
Do you see any grease discharge from the idler cylinder.
It may seem obvious but is the track release screw locked.
The method of adjusting the track is a simple piston and tube with a seal configuration.
Can you please send a picture of the machine data plate and i will get as much info as we need to resolve this.
Here is the units track configuration
Hi again,
The tension cylinder is depicted here,please get the info plate then I will rectify this issue.
Regards Les
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help I shall take a picture of the plate tomorrow and of the parts I am talking about and the part you sent is where I am working on but just for a moment can I say is it likely that the grease in it has solidified or can the actual piston that pushes the wheel out be rusted solid.. Once again thank you and do more tomorrow thanks Martin
Thank you Martin,
Once i have the info i can help you to identify the parts you will need ,and any special technical procedures you mat need to carry out.
If the piston has rusted you nay need to do a paraffin or oil steep to try and free off the piston prior to stripping.
Failing to do this could result in piston damage if seizure is the issue. We may find as a worst case scenario that the rods chrome may be pitted and needs re chroming or replacing.
The piston tube may also need honing depending on the severity of the rust pitting.Look forward to your reply.
Les
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good day Les.. I have been and taken a picture but it has been sprayed and on removing the spray this is all that is showing but I did when we first got it take down what was on this plate and this is what I have written down
PC 05-7 Type F15046 Engine Komatsu 3D 72N -2GA 0/ 879 8 4 111
Hi Martin
I am just getting a parts breakdown and checking for other technical data.
Please bear with me for a few minutes till i gather your info.
Les
Hi Martin
Here is the parts breakdown of the adjuster.
Here are the part numbers to match
You will need 6/5/4 to reseal if needed and possibly number 10.
In regards ***** ***** 10 please remove it and check for blockages, if it is clear then soak the cylinder in paraffin overnight and with no 10 removed try to strip the cylinder apart.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Les thank you for your reply and drawings very helpful but we have talked it through and it has ended to put machine away as bad weather is on its way and I shall from time to time spray paraffine over in spells and then try to do it in better weather but for now many thanks for your help Regards Martin
My pleasure Martin,
The parts listing is from Komatsu agent, but you can probably get generic seals locally.
I am glad to help in any other issues you may have just ask for me.
If you could just rate my service i would appreciate it.
Les
Hi i will now close off the question , have a great day.
hi Please let me know how you get on.

cheers

les