Les Wilkinson
Les Wilkinson,
Experience:  Expert
114806441

My Axor 18-43 year 2011 just stopped the other day no

Hi , My Axor 18-43 year 2011 just stopped the other day no warnings or noises and now there's no display for the gears on the dash ! amber light visit workshop GS ( no code ) been looking into it today and there's a burning oil smell and the housing , starter motor and front of the gearbox got extremely hot very quickly . Regards .......John
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Mercedes axor 1843 . vin *****************
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had an Auto electrician but he did not seem sure and in the end just said its the gear box :-( he got a code of 13009
JA: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 13009 Control unit gs Gear control has failed
Hi Les here
We need to establish why no display on the dash, power supply and grounding are the first points we need to check. The reason we have heated oil smell and transmission getting hot could be controller related holding the transmission in a binding state such as drive packs being engaged simultaneously.
Initially i will need the schematics to go more in depth however as a start disconnect the controller and re start the engine. See if the transmission generates heat still.
I will contact you in the morning with further details once i have more info on your unit.
I this acceptable to you.
Les
Hi Les again
Do you have the transmission and engine serial number as Mercedes chop and change specs with serial number breaks..
With this info we can have a relly good chance of identifying the issue.
Les
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Les,
Thanks for your reply
engine number **********0
gearbox 71535001003336
var 794563
the truck free wheels like its in nutral
dissconect the controller in the cab ? auto gear selecter ?
thanks ...John
Hi john
Is it ok to follow this up in the morning.
Les
Hi Les here
Please forward your contact number.
Les
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

XXXXXXX

Hi John
From what information i have received the issue does not seem to be mechanical in nature.
Difficult as it can be doing a remote analysis on this type of transmission I recommend checking the harness for breakages.
The controller testing can be a challenge as a software or hardware glitch needs a dedicated diagnostic tool such as a jal tester to establish the root cause.
This unit will run a full diagnostic on all your truck systems.
We could try getting the rep out for a demo as i have done in the past, this could give the issue new light on where to start.i know the demo is free.
Les

If you need more guidance please contact us again.

Please rate mt service John.

Les