How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask fixer2013 Your Own Question
fixer2013, Handyperson
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 82
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
fixer2013 is online now

Hi we have a 4150m opening where we have removed a structural

Customer Question

Hi we have a 4150m opening where we have removed a structural wall, could you tell us what size steel gurder we would need?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Hello , I am fixer2013. I have looked into your question about the RSJ required for your opening. I will give you a link to my local Planning Office, Guidance for removing a wall. The size of your opening is from the table outside the usual size. Therefore you must consult your local planning office as they may require load calculations and inspect the work. The link is

fixer2013 :

I hope this gives you the way forward to complete your project.

fixer2013 :