How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask fixer2013 Your Own Question
fixer2013, Handyperson
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 82
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
fixer2013 is online now

Hi i want to take a gound floor out wall to make a living room

Customer Question

Hi i want to take a gound floor out wall to make a living room into one
It was 2 rooms before
It is load bearing to a wall above no joist are on it
Span is 3.700
Is a 9 + 4 inch steel box lintel with 2 padstones either side allright to building regs
Thanks roy
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

Hello Roy,

I am sorry it has taken a while to get to you.


I must advise you, that you must go through the local Council Planning Office with this. I am afraid that they will need detailed drawings showing load bearing measurments drawn up by a professional. It isnt something that an amature should get involved in. ( sorry I do not mean to demasen you) Also with professional advice they would have Personal Indemnity Insurance. If you are using a builder He should get this for you. before any work takes place.


I hope that this helps you


Kind Regards