How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Michael is online now

To whom it may concern, I have a query regarding building

This answer was rated:

To whom it may concern,

I have a query regarding building regulations. I am a homeowner of a twin town house with a kitchen extension at the back, built into the garden. I would like to build a wooden decked summer terrace on top of this extension, with stairs leading down to the garden (the terrace is adjacent to the living room on the first floor).
Would this be possible, and do I require building regulation permits of any kind? If so, when and where should I seek such documents? What conditions do I have to meet in building such a terrace and what building regulations are in place governing this type of structure?
Hi and good morning, do you have a local town hall?
To do this right, you should obtain a building permit, but its ease and cheap;-)
For what you want to do its really no big deal, I will help you with this.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you
Tech Michael

Michael and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you