How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask fixer2013 Your Own Question
fixer2013, Handyperson
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 82
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
fixer2013 is online now

Do you require planning permission to have a builder remove

This answer was rated:

Do you require planning permission to have a builder remove a load bearing and replacing with a steel beam.
Good evening.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX hope I can give you guidance.
Yes You will need to go to the Planning Office of your local Town Hall. This comes under the building regulations. You should also get advice as to the size of the RSJ and the load it would take. I do believe that a local architect would do this for you at reasonable cost. The last one I had drawn up cost me £60 + vat. this was about 18 months ago.

I hope that gives you an idea.


fixer 2013
fixer2013 and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you
Hello Barry
Thank you for your positive rating, I hope that my answer helped you to get the work completed satisfactorily

Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any questions in future just post them and we will endeavour to answer positively