fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

Hardwearing Finish for Solid Oak kitchen floor.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cancel

Hello Good morning
I hope that I can help you. I have looked at the web and found that the site www.naturaloakfloors.co.uk gives some good advice. I would recommend that a hard wearing lacquer be used several coats gives a deep shine.

I hope that this is successful for you.

kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you kindly for your advice.

Hello again.
I forgot to give you a product , I have used Aboritec a One or two part laquer. Price on line is £48.78 +vat. for 5 litres.

If you purchase this before using please read the instructions. I have found it a good product.

Good luck with the floor.

If you feel I have been helpful please rate my replies to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That looks interesting. The floor is in a kitchen and so it has to be cleaned with a mop. The floor looks terrible. I used Osma as a finish and gave it 3 coats after the second re-sand. I would feel conifident if i so a review of your recommended product against market alternatives.

Good morning, Sorry for the late reply.

Although using an oil is a good product to feed the wood to stop cracking etc. By putting a good lacquer on would allow you to damp wash the floor by sealing the seams of the wood.

Hope that helps.

regards
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience: I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
Hello again
Just to say many thanks for your positive rating . It is appreciated

Thank you for using Just Answer, if you have any problems in the future just post them to us and we will endeavour to give you a positive answer to your question.

Thanks again Good luck with the floor.