How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask fixer2013 Your Own Question
fixer2013, Handyperson
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 82
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
fixer2013 is online now

Hello, I have purchased aone gang two way switch for outside

Customer Question

Hello, I have purchased aone gang two way switch for outside use from Time Guard ref TGVL01. It has a neon indicator light. The wiring terminals are markedA1 A" and lL with two Earth connections which can be used for neutral. Can you give me advice how this should be wired Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Good evening

With regards to wiring an external switch or any other external electrical circuit. I am afraid that due to new IEE regulations no one should carry out the work other than a PART P registered electrician. This is for your safety and others who may come into the dwelling later.

I know this isn't what you require but it is the law now.

Kind regards