How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Michael is online now

I have a persistent problem..I have rain coming between the

Customer Question

I have a persistent problem..I have rain coming between the render and outside..this falls into my lounge via the bay window. I have had the render stripped and replaced I have a new roof put on and still I have the leak. We did a water test with the hose pipe and it seemed the sealant round upstairs windows could be the problem..this was redone...still have the leak...any suggestions..I'm at the end of my tether.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi good morning,
Thats a real head scratcher huh?
I've been there many times with a stubborn leak.
The best thing and it works every time is Flex Seal;-)
I have included the website below for you so you can check it out.
Please rate kindly before closing this page I will still be here for you and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please visit this website:|sm|bi|gn&
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


that product is no good if I don't know where the leak is not the has been completely sealed and this morning they re sealed again to appease me although there were no gaps or missing areas..I checked myself.

is there a particular trouble shooter , a surveyor of some kind or the guy other builders go to if there is a problem ,..a technical expert..I don't know..someone I can contact. that product availability in the uk for future reference


Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Coral,
Please let me know your town and state. i can locate someone good who can fix this leak for you, i know its frustrating.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in Liverpool, north west England UK


Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Coral,
These guys should be able to help you. they do mainly roof leak work but they may fox this for you as well.
Canova UK Ltd
Wirral, Merseyside
0151(###) ###-####
Please let me know if you need a further source for this?
Thanks Coral
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks but it is unlikely they will come to me..Wirral is on the other side of the river Mersey.

i need someone in Liverpool. Can you do some research. I have had five roofing firms..I have a complete new roof.

it is not the roof.

i need an expert in problem solving ..I have searched myself and can't find what I need..I may be searching with the wrong key, being in the know..should be able to find someone.

you are my last resort.


Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
HI Coral I know you don't need roof repair but they may fix that for you. i will check into this further and get back with you tomorrow morning;-)
Thank you for your patience.