AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

Hiquel TM16 multi-function timer settings

I would be most grateful if an expert could show me which settings on a Hiquel TM16 multi-function timer (http://www.charter-controls.com/product_data/773.pdf) I require to switch on my 240VAC media pump in my septic tank for 1 or 2 minutes and then switch it off for 10 minutes. Thank you.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Lets verify what you intend to do with a timer:

You want to cycle the pump on for 1-2 minutes, every 10 minutes. Keeping this situation on a continuous cycle? Is that correct?

Let me know and we can continue,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tommy, that's correct.

Ok, thanks.

Reading on the Hiquel TM16 unit, it has a sequential function, but that has only one setting and you would have the same on time as off time.

I do not think you want that sequence based on your post.

Does the pump have a cord and plug?

I would suggest a repaeat cycle timer, that allows to set the ON time and the OFF time separately.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your professional advice. I will now consider changing the timer.