JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Aube TH132 AF does not cut out when high temperature is

Aube TH132 AF does not cut out when high temperature is reached.I have tried the reset procedure mentioned in the manual

Is the unit reading the correct ambient temperature?

The unit works by averaging temperatures so it doesnt just switch on and off its call for heat at pre-determined times, if left dos the thermostat continue to call for heat, so if it was set to 20 the room would eventually get to 30, or does it stop at say 25?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stops at 26 though max set at 19

Many thanks, ***** ***** 'early start' function enabled, its set by a switch on the rear of the control panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea. Unit was in place when we moved in 4 years ago, I have never removed unit.

OK, so this is a new fault, its unlikely to be a config issue.

Does the fault occur when on automatic and manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We returned from holiday to 26c reading. Tried manual and auto settings and problem continued. Just switched back on and reading current ambient temp 21c

The fact it looks to be reading the correct ambient temp, would suggest the control board is faulty.

If it was the sensor I would expect to have seen it read constantly 26 degrees.

So its looking like you need to replace the control panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks. I believe model has been replaced by Th232 - presumably same wiring and underfloor sensor can be used

Let me double check they may have a different connector.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it should fit without the need to change the back plate, ive seen in on amazon for under £50 here.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks James. Cheers.

No problem, so I can close the case please rate the service received.

James