Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber

I have dismanteld my wall lights to decorate. I had no

I have dismanteld my wall lights to decorate. I had no insulating tape so wrapped some thin plumbing tape around the wiring block.reassembling I must have crossed the wires as the switch in the fuse box tripped since then I have been unable to rewire the lights.
They are wired as follows . on one alcove there are two, three wire cables red,black,and earth and a third single red wire cable . on the opposite alcove there is one three wire cable. Which I assume connects to the other alcove.I have connected the lights Brown to red.Green/yellow to earth, blue to black still no lights. Canyou help

Did they both turn on together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrew they turned on together when i tried them hanging from the wires so to speak it was when iasembled the whole light again and turned them on from the fuse box they didn't light up.

In the first lamp should be a feed in, a feed to the second light and a switch wire - can you confirm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi andrew could you leave your call till to morrow

i have no access, but i will be back on tomorrow afternoon if you are on?